TashiCell puts continued efforts to contribute and give back to society and in incorporating good corporate citizenship into its culture with the believe that social responsibility should be an intrinsic nature of TashiCell. The company considers the interests and welfare of society by taking responsibility of the needs of its employees, customers and society in all aspects of its operation. The company inherently believes that the social responsibility should be an integral focus area for the organization. Without expecting any direct or indirect economic rewards, TashiCell has engaged and continues to carry out various activities in support of environment and community that we live in. Of the many, few activities are mentioned below:
- In March 2016, TashiCell has officially adopted a stretch of Wang Chu (Thimphu river) between Dechen Zam and Lungten Zampa to celebrate the joyous occasion of the birth of the Prince His Royal Highness Gyalsey Jigme Namgyel Wangchuck. TashiCell has been cleaning the river system every alternative month and collect thousands of kilograms of garbage from the river.
- We are aware of the importance and need for blood. The need is great, urgent and continuous. Blood donation is literally life donation and a generous gift of life. Blood has no substitute and many lives are lost for want of blood. TashiCell recognizes this need and importance and is committed to saving lives. On 4thof July 2015, we have organized a blood donation drive for the employees of TashiCell in collaboration with Jigme Dorji Wangchuk National Referral Hospital (JDWNRH). Although, it was organized for the first time, the turnout was very admirable. Clearing the misconception that good corporate citizen is completely removed from our daily realities, TashiCell shall collaborate with JDWNRH in the future.
- Starting 2014, TashiCell organizes Community Gifting campaign annually, whereby TashiCell employees collect pre-owned but usable goods from the public and gift them to the rural community. With the proven success and the difference the campaign has made in the lives of rural community, the Community Gifting campaign shall be continued.
- On 6th April 2013, TashiCell celebrated 5th Anniversary by adopting six acres of forest land and planting more than 3000 tree saplings in collaboration with Department of Forest and Park Services. TashiCell is taking the initiative to take care of this land and contribute to better and greener environment. Every year on June 2nd, coinciding with the Social Forestry Day, TashiCell employees around the country organize tree plantation event. With such long-term benefits and commitment in mind, the company is always looking for areas to fulfill its corporate social responsibilities.
- TashiCell has been providing free high speed internet service at Jigme Dorji Wangchuk National Referral hospital since 2015 and in the Departure Lounge at Paro International Airport since 2014, with the intention to bring convenience, happiness and satisfaction to all, which is in line with TashiCell’s Vision.
- In 2008, as an action towards our commitment to a more active and involved role in helping our Democratic system, TashiCell had printed 10,000 numbers of recharge cards with a vote slogan, “Vote- lets mold our future and thus the future of our nation”, highlighting the importance of voting through this awareness advertising to the General Public.
- TashiCell has also sponsored and supported many programs, events and reality shows that are related to youth, women empowerment, talent, promotion of national sports and other similar programs. TashiCell had sponsored and supported programs like Druk Super Star that helps to identify and promote talent and Yangphel Archery Tournament which promotes national sports.