Prepaid TalkMore is the perfect package for budget conscious people. We offer you a progressive discount. Depending upon the time( Standard Hours, Peak Hours and Economy Hours), if you talk for more than a minute during peak hour your call charges become lesser with every minute till the fourth minute and thereafter it will continue at one flat rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the additional features available in pre-paid Service?
Features Available in Pre-paid Services are:
- Call Forwarding
- 2G/3G/4G Services
- Balance Transfer
- 3rd Party Recharge
- Friends & Family, CUG
Q. How can I buy TashiCell Prepaid SIM?
Visit our nearest Customer care office.
Q. What documents do I need to bring to get TashiCell prepaid SIM?
- For Bhutanese: You need to bring your ID card photo copy and one legal stamp and fill in the SIM registration form available from our customer care office.
- For Tourist: You need to bring a valid passport copy and one legal stamp.
- For expatriate: You need to bring your work permit, passport size photo graph, undertaking letter from your employer & a Bhutanese guarantor.
Q. What are the different denominations in which the TashiCell recharge vouchers are available?
TashiCell Recharge vouchers are available in all denominations Nu 50, Nu, 100, Nu 200, Nu 300 and Nu 500.
Q. How do I recharge my prepaid SIM?
- To recharge simply dial *777* & enter 14 digit secret code followed by # or you can simply dial 888.
- You can also recharge through our e-top up service. ( To avail this service you just need to visit your nearest TashiCell E-top up agent and ask for recharge)
Q. What is validity period for recharge voucher?
- Every recharge coupon has a specified depending upon the denomination of the recharge voucher. Every time you recharge you will get fresh validity starting from the day you have recharged.
- RCV Nu: 50 – validity 15 days
- RCV Nu: 100 – validity 30 days
- RCV Nu: 200 – validity 45 days
- RCV Nu: 300 – validity 45 days
- RCV Nu: 500 – validity 75 days
Q. What is PIN and PUK?
The PIN is the Personal Identification Number that is configured for your SIM card. This is any 4-digit number that you can set up on your SIM card. If the PIN is entered wrongly 3 times, you will get a request for a PUK code, which is the Personal Unlock Key. The PUK can be obtained from the Customer Care. If the PUK is entered wrongly 10 times, the SIM gets block and will have to be replaced at a nominal charge.